Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Lancashire Wedding Photographer at Wonderful Welsh Wedding


 So. Did you miss me while I  was gone?

What do you mean, 'Have I been away?'

In the last few days I've travelled all four corners of the British isles.  Well, maybe not all four corners because I haven't been to Ireland but I have worked in England, Wales (twice) and Scotland, all since last weekend.



First was Anthony and Kirsty's wedding at the fabulous Marble Church at Bodellwydden. When we first met this couple eighteen months ago and they mentioned where the ceremony was to be, Bob's jaw dropped open with amazement and delight as he knows this church well since he used to practically live on the doorstep. He spent most of that meeting raving about this church and how beautiful it was.

It is indeed a very beautiful church and we were thrilled to be able to shoot a wedding there (that's another tick on the list of things we have to do before we pop off).

I'll save the full story of their amazing day for later when the bride and groom are back from their honeymoon and have seen their photos. For now I'll give you just  a little taste of their wedding.

The colour scheme  was beautiful, the pew ends in the church looked gorgeous, of course I had to stop and get photos of them.  Shades of purple and hot pink. Yummy!





They had the reception at the Faenol Fawr Hotel in Bodellwydden. There is a prize of a small amount of kudos if you know how to say "Faenol Fawr'

















As I leapt out of the car, camera in hand to grab photos of the bride and groom as they arrived I was stopped in my tracks by the sight of a peacock strolling across the car park like it owned the place, actually it probably did!


Peacocks!!!  Oh, wow!


The room was gorgeous, the staff were brilliant and everything was perfect. Even better than all that: the food was to die for. While the wedding party had their meal, Bob and I sat in the bar and tucked into mozzarella stuffed chicken. We all know I like my food and this place made it just how I like it: tasty and plentiful ( I wonder why I'm not a size 8?).



 There was a rather nice Bentley. I did see Bob looking at it longingly a time or two. We may have used it as a prop for a photo or two.















That's it for now, folks. I'll be back with the full story, including how I had to make the 3 hour round trip back to Wales the following day, later.

No comments:

Post a Comment