Monday, June 6, 2011

A grand do at 'The Dunk'

Friday morning, the day of Nick and Jayne's wedding, dawned bright and clear.

Amazing when you consider how bad the weather's been lately.

I'd been checking the weather forecast all week and doing my little sun dance round the living room, it obviously worked as the sun blazed down on us all day!

Bob and me went our separate ways for the bride and groom prep. I went to Manchester and Bob went to the Dunkenhalgh, meeting up,later at the church which was about fifty yards from the bride's house.



The atmosphere at the bride's was laid back and relaxed. The bride in her 'Bride to be' tee shirt sat back, enjoyed having her make up and hair done as she sipped champagne. Now that's the way to get ready for a wedding.






The bride's Dad was a lovely chap. As soon as he saw her in her dress he filled up with tears, which of course made me fill up with tears as well. Honestly, you think I'd be used to it all by now.















  The church was lovely.



As were the flowers, not least because all my favourite flowers (nearly) were in there, gerberas, freesias and roses.















The colour scheme of black, white and hot pink worked a treat but I'll save all that along with the rest of the story of the day for later, after Nick and Jayne have seen their photos.



No comments:

Post a Comment