Tuesday, June 14, 2011

An apple a day

This little girl's Mum had a specific photo in mind when this shoot was arranged.

"I want a picture of her sideways and taking a huge bite out of the apple." She's been decorating the kitchen and thought that the finishing touch would be a big canvas picture of her daughter eating a nice juicy apple. What a lovely idea. Wish I'd thought of it!

"Ok. Let's do it."

It's nice to have free reign in the studio and I usually just let children who come to me relax and play with our toys and dressing up equipment so we get nice natural shots of them but every now and then it's nice to do something a bit different as well.

It could have gone either way, this. If the little girl had been a bit fractious when she came in it most definitely wouldn't have worked but as it was -  she was a delight. I think a bagful of nice, juicy green apples played their part in that to be honest.  It didn't seem to be difficult for her when I directed her to, "take a big bite."

There are so many nice photos from the shoot that I couldn't choose between them all. The Mum decided that she didn't want a side on one after al, even though it was exactly as she'd imagined. She, like me, fell in love with this one:


No comments:

Post a Comment