Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Nik & Nicola


The first of our bank holday weekend weddings at Mytton Fold was the lovely Nik & Nicola.

Bridal prep at Nicola's mum's was chaotic, lots of laughing and there seemed to be bridesmaids everywhere!! As with any good party, everyone congregated in the kitchen.


All I can say is it's a good job there were plenty of people for brewing up duty!




Nicola's dad wisely decided to take himself into the living room out the way and watch golf for half an hour after walking in the kitchen, and finding all manner of girly type activities going on, including one person sitting in the middle of the kitchen floor to paint her toenails. Like I said - chaos, just the way I like it!


This little chap wanted to show me his cufflinks. I was a bit bemused for a minute when I noticed they said, 'father of the bride' till I realised that he'd borrowed his Grandad's cufflinks to show me. I know I'm getting older and policeman look younger by the day but flipping heck, even to me he looked a bit young to be the bride's dad!!



The dress was stunning. Ok, I know you can't really see it on this picture, you'll just have to take my word for it till later. I loved the 'blue room' with it's lovely soft light, it made a nice backdrop for the dress photos.

Over at the grooms house they were just having fun!! Everyone had got ready early and ready to rock and roll. The grooms dad (4th from left) has the brightest, biggest million watt smile I've ever seen - and he smiled all day long.

Bob shot about a million pictures of the groomsmen cavorting, they had a whale of a time.


The wedding was at a catholic church in Padiham. What a lovely service. The priest was brilliant and allowed us to shoot whatever and wherever we wanted to during the service. As normal, we moved around very little. We believe that the congregation should be looking at the bride and groom, not at us wandering around, so we stay as low key as possible during the service and of course we never ever use flash during the service as it's far too intrusive. We got some amazing pictures. Bob took his usual perch in the balcony and had a ball shooting the fantastic stained glass windows and gorgeous details in the church, all nice for background pictures in the album. After Nicola and her dad started their walk down the aisle I got to my place at the front of the church to get the close up shots of the ceremony.

After the church it was a quick leap into the car and dash to get to Mytton Fold to get there before the bride and groom arrived. God bless sat nav!

When we arrived at Mytton Fold, unbelievably it was warm and sunny! What happened? It was pouring down in the morning.

We rattled through the group shots, as normal we did them back to front so that the big group shot was done early on then everyone wasn't waiting around for ages for their photo.




Although Nicola and Nik wanted a lot of group shots, we managed to get through them fairly quickly as everyone was so good natured about it and were all in the right place at the right time. Getting people together for their group shots can be not dissimilar to herding cats but Bob did a brilliant job of rounding people up. I could take him on every wedding - oh. I forgot. I do!




We went for a stroll round the beautiful grounds of Mytton Fold. Picking photos to put on here was really hard as there are so any nice ones to choose from. The one below I've included because I know Nik really likes it. What do you think?




No comments:

Post a Comment