Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Brown eyed girl

A little while ago I was booked to shoot a portrait session for a young girl. Never having met her before I didn't know what was going to walk through the door. Would she be tall? Dark or fair? Vivacious or shy?   


If I'm truthful, what I was really praying for was that someone didn't come walking through the door like my daughter when she was a young teenager ie. moody, uncommunicative and grungy. Oh, the grunge - she did that in a BIG way for about 5 years.  I'm so glad she grew out of it into the lovely young woman she is today!!  


Imagine my delight when this bubbly, pretty, chatty girl walked in clutching a caseful of outfits and accessories, a smile as wide as a mile and an attitude I wish I could bottle and sell. In short, she was delightful.


On went the music and the make up, the lights were turned on and the constant stream of changing outfits and backdrops started. We had a brilliant shoot that went waaaaaay over the allotted time because we were having so much fun. 


 Neither punk, goth, chav, emo or any other category that young people get lumped into, Chloe was happy  and comfortable enough to be herself and  she completed the shoot with enormous enthusiasm and, strangely enough for someone who had never done it before, enormous professionalism and maturity.  Superb.




Here are a few of my favourite shots from the day. 















No comments:

Post a Comment