Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Home sweet home

It seems like ages since I last popped on here for a chat.  Have you missed me?

What do you mean, have I been away?

Bob and me have been globe trotting - kind of.  Actually, we went on a cruise round the Med. Very nice it was too.  We landed back in Blighty on saturday morning and had a nice leisurely drive back up north so we didn't end up back home as tired as when we left.


All I have to do now is run round  lot to get rid of the excess weight that somehow managed to attach itself to me while we were there.

June was an incredibly busiest month - the busiest ever, in fact. Business is booming - thank you all for your support, Bob and I really do appreciate it.

'Yeah, yeah', I can hear you say. 'That's enough of that just show us the photos.'  Ok then.

June started with Nick and Jayne.

Their wedding day was on that hot day, remember the one? It was the 3rd June and it was a scorcher.

I popped over to Manchester for the bridal prep while Bob popped over to the Dunkenhalgh for the lads.
I know which group were the most relaxed:



 There seemed to be a bit of monkey business going on:

They didn't forget about the rings though so that's ok.


 The girls on the other hand were too busy getting on with the important business of looking gorgeous for the big day to be monkeying around:



The dress was a stunning Ronald Joyce  number with an amazing amount of intricate detailing on it. Proper fairytale stuff. Loved it.


Yup, I loved the shoes as well.  Sparkly, just how I like them!


Jayne's Dad was lovely. He was almost bursting with pride, you could see it in his face. It made me all emotional just watching them.


Finally, the time came to make the long, long  journey from the house to the church.  It took all of fifteen seconds on foot, it was literally just across the road.   As they arrived at the church they stopped for a little breather to calm a few wayward nerves before going in. It did cross my mind that they must have painted that door behind Jayne to coordinate with  her ensemble, it was such a perfect match!




Ready? Take a deep breath and.....


Before you know it, it's all over and it's time to sign the register.


Then outside for a sneaky kiss when you think no-ones looking.


We did it!!!!


The church and the service were beautiful and it was all over far too quickly. It's a good job we are there to capture those memories for you or it would all just be a blur, it goes so fast.

After the ceremony we made a quick dash back to the brilliant Dunkenhalgh to get on with the serious business of the day; the reception.

Since the weather was so gorgeous all the guests were able to sit out and enjoy the sunshine, it was a lovely, relaxed affair with a of of laughing going on.

While we were doing the group shots we had to wait for one person to arrive to complete the group. As we waited I sang everyone a song. I think they liked it.

What song was it?

'I've got a luverley bunch of coconuts'  Ever the professional *sigh*


The table decorations were gorgeous.


As were the flowers. It's been a popular colour scheme this year, fuchsia, black and white.














Jayne just looked more and more gorgeous as the day wore on. Being married obviously suits her.






Eventually it was time for the first dance.

And time for Bob and me to leave. 

Many congratulations to Nick and Jayne.

No comments:

Post a Comment