Thursday, December 31, 2009

Goodbye 2009 - Hello 2010!!!!


Happy New Year everyone. I hope it brings you everything you wish for.

I've been having a look through some of the photos I shot last year. In common with most photographers I like to get out and about with my camera and shoot some personal stuff when I'm off duty. In 2009 I managed to shoot over 3500 images just for the sheer  pleasure of it.  Here are some of my favourites, not necessarily because they are amazing images, mostly  just because they bring back nice memories.  Hope you enjoy them.



 Photographer's Favourites




This was taken on a weekend away in the peak District. Poor Bob, I nearly walked his legs off while we were here.



Love, love love this image. It's like it's raining sunshine.  The effect was created by using my lensbaby. That's 'my lensbaby' - not 'my lens, baby.'  What do you think?  It's not a lens you'll see me using at weddings as the results are completely unpredictable - and that's why I love it.




Fairies, dragons, princesses and knights at Hoghton Tower during the summer. These little princesses are our grand daughters.



I think this one was hiding from the dragons!






Aaah, spring time.  In the woods on my hands and knees, covered in mud,  and looking for bluebells.  Found some!!  Odd? Me? What do you mean?




This was taken in the grounds of Chatsworth House. Bob and me went to a friends 'posh do' in Sheffield and decided to make the weekend of it.  Good times.



During the summer I joined a walking group. The Wednesday night 2 hour walk was always a bit of a challenge. Not so much a walk as a slow ish jog.  Some of the views were spectacular.



This exotic sunset was taken from - our front drive!   I was thrilled when this image was used for the cover of a glossy magazine.



Norway

In May Bob and me went to Norway for a weeks holiday. One day he'll get to go somewhere warm, sunny and touristy (or  possibly not).   I can honestly say we have never been soaked through and freezing cold so many times in one week - and we loved every minute of it. Norway is magical, you can point your camera in any direction and get a decent picture  - ahem. What I mean is that with my vastly superior camera skills and expert eye I got some nice images. (Phew, think I got away with that!)

 I didn't think you'd want to see all 650 of my shortlist so here are a few of my absolute  favourites.   If you enjoy looking at other people's holiday snaps then there are loads more of the Norway images on Flickr





This little chap made me smile, not so scary as trolls go but very, very cute.




This cross was in the grounds of a very beautiful and old church in Olden.



Briksdal Glacier

Bob was convinced I was trying to kill him, he's not used to heavy duty walking, especially in the pouring rain. It was worth the trek, the glacier, and this is only a tiny bit of it was awe inspiring. To give you an idea of the scale - can you see the teeny tiny little twelve person dinghy to the left of the glacier, near the rock face?




We saw a lot of street art while we were there, some of it was really interesting - some of it I daren't show you!!!!




This is what a waterfront village looks like from the top of a very tall ship if you use a fish eye lens.








These last two images are of the fjord as we sailed into Olden.  Can you hear Grieg's, 'The death of Aase'  playing gently in the background? Seriously though, it was very moving, I'd go again in a heartbeat.


  Meet The family




In common with most mothers I wanted a family portrait of my rapidly expanding family.   I wanted something that reflected our personalities so there was no way we'd be sitting all neat and posed for more than a nanosecond.  This was my favourite out of them all.

"Hang on' I can hear you thinking, 'how did you manage to take the picture if you're in it?'

Good question.

I asked my very good friend Sheila if she'd do the honours.

Didn't she do well?






So there it is, my 2009 round up. Hope you enjoyed it.


No comments:

Post a Comment