Saturday, August 21, 2010

Madison Appeal

Have you missed me?  It's been a funny old week. My no1 computer had a nervous breakdown this week due to over work so it had to have a few days holiday while we found it a new graphics card.

It's feeling much more like it's old self now and working flat out to catch up on lost time.

What have I been doing while the computer was down?  Revamping the studio, that's what.  It looks FAB!!

I've put a few new pictures on the wall, added a few spotlights and cleared away  some of the massive pile of props that was threatening to take over the entire space.  It really is looking good now, I'm really pleased with it.

Scotties Snack Bar which is placed so conveniently  (rather too conveniently if you ask me, no wonder I'm not a size 10)  across the road on Olive Lane in Darwen is holding a fundraising open day event to raise money for the Madison Allen Fund. She's  a little girl with a particularly aggressive type of cancer and her parents are trying to raise enough money to send her to Germany for treatment that may save her.

The event is tomorrow Sunday 22nd August from 9.00 a.m till 2 p.m.  There will be stalls, food, raffle, tombola - all the usual stuff. I'm told there will be a few surprises as well.

Bob and me are opening the studio  for the day,  it's directly across the road so why not pop in and take a look at the new surroundings, try your chances at winning a free portrait sitting and framed print and help to raise some money to save a little girl's life.

See you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment