Thursday, June 3, 2010

Race for Life

Well, I did it. Yesterday was the Cancer Research Race for Life  in our neck of the woods. Daughter in law Gemma, friend, Penny, Me, Twitchy the dog and 1697 other women entered.

Friend Penny set off like a hare and jogged the whole course. me and Gembolina completed it by doing a brisk walk -  this body wasn't built for jogging - in 40 minutes.  Since the dog came along as well and completed the course with us she also got a medal. Sweet!

Many, many thanks to all those who sponsored me, I not only reached my sponsorship target but exceeded it. We've all already put our names down for next year.


Here are a couple of  pics, first:  DIL and me all ready to race.



Next: this is us after the race and  looking a more than a bit  flushed, with us is  our friend Penny and the dog, who's proudly wearing her medal - as are we.



Yes you're right, they are tutus and fairy wings we're wearing. Well, you know, one has to dress for the part and we didn't want to look silly or anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment