Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Martin & Charlotte


This week I have been putting the finishing touches to Martin & Charlotte's wedding album.  It was a big honour for me and Bob to be asked to photograph Charlotte's wedding because we've known her since she was about three.  I'm getting all teary eyed just thinking about it!

So, sniff,  (pulls self back together). The wedding ceremony was at St Peter's church in Darwen, What a fantastic church it is.  We'd never been in this church before, even though I live in the town,  and I was stunned that a little town like Darwen has such a beautiful church. Someone told me that it's  known as 'The Cathedral of Darwen' and I can well see why.







Charlotte arrived, her usual bubbly self, looking gorgeous (oops, there I go again, sniff).

I'd managed to get myself in the balcony for the ceremony, just in the right spot to capture this moment.




I love the juxtaposition of the all the serious faces at the back, respecting the solemnity of the occasion and all the smiling faces at the front, sharing a special, funny moment.

Funny word, juxtaposition, no one ever uses it in real life but photographers us it all the time. It's like having a little language all of our own.





Here's Charlotte with her Mum.



We can see you, you know!



It was a fabulous warm, sunny day. We couldn't have booked better weather. The bridesmaids and pageboy seemed to enjoy it.



The groom's brothers got in on the act as well, in fact everyone just went out of their way to have a brilliant time. Formal pictures?  Not for this crowd, they just wanted to have fun. Just the way I like 'em!





The wedding car was fantastic. I thought it suited a bit of the old 'Top Gear' treatment to make it look a bit more dramatic. What do you think?




We went for a stroll round the gardens at the Swallow Hotel in Samlesbury. The staff were amazing.


The wedding Fair season starts again next month, as long as we aren't snowed off again.  Dates at the moment are:

Foxfields Hotel, Whalley.  7th Feb

Haighton Manor, Preston. 10th Feb

Sparth House, Clayton le Moors. 21st Feb

Dunkenhalgh, Clayton le Moors. 7th March


Why not pop down for a chat?


2 comments:

  1. hi,
    never mind you getting tary im blubbing, i couldnt of asked for anything more from you, all the photos are stunning, (i would say thats because there all me,lol).
    thanks for catching these special moments.
    we love you very much, i remember all the times we have spent toghether like when i lived at yours for a week.lol.
    lots of love
    charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaawwww, thanks, Charlotte. We can blub together over a glass of wine when you pick up your album!

    ReplyDelete