Thursday, January 21, 2010

A change is as good as a rest



It's a funny time of year , January for a wedding photographer. That little lull when the wedding season finishes, the albums are all (mostly) printed and sent to their rightful owners. The Christmas print and frame rush is well and truly over, the wedding fairs haven't yet got under way and the planning for the coming year is in full force.

It's time to recharge our batteries and make the most of any crisp, frosty days and get out and about for a spot of recreational photography.  The gorgeous snowy weather we've had over the last few weeks has been brilliant for that. I think me and the dog were the only ones who absolutely loved the snow and didn't want to see the back of it. We walked out little legs off.

 I got a call from Ist Choice Bedrooms asking me if I'd go to their showroom to photograph the room layouts for their new brochure. That was a surprise as I'm  known best as a social photographer. Always up for a challenge though I jumped at the opportunity.   I was made very welcome and given free reign in the showroom to set my studio lighting up as needed.












They asked me to go along during the day ........




and at night so we could show how beautiful the furniture looked with the lights on, isn't it pretty?









They do lovely children's bedrooms




As well as office furniture.

 I've done lots of studio pack shot work but this was a whole new experience for me. It was almost a zen like experience, calm, quiet, relaxed and with no time constraints. Polar opposite to a wedding, in fact and they do say that a change s as good as a rest, and it was, I thoroughly enjoyed my little self.

So, will I be looking for a change of direction with my photography?  Nah!!  Once a wedding photographer, always  a wedding photographer. You can't beat weddings and the excitement, buzz and emotion that comes with them. I thrive on the  the fact that the unexpected can, and very often does, happen at any time but most of all I love working with people.

 Bring on those weddings, I love 'em!



2 comments:

  1. Oh GAWD WHY AREN'T I RICH?!!

    The photos are as lovely as the decorating. I like your writing as well!

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete