Saturday, August 20, 2011

Hey! It's been a while..

So. How have you been? Keeping busy? Good. Good.

Us?  Really busy.

All over the country for weddings, seminars and preparing lots of luverley goodies for the next wedding fairs which are starting again soon.

As you already know, me and Bob are always keen to keep up to date with what's going on in the industry and with that in mind we have been busily updating our wedding packages as well as getting new products to show you and changing the proof books and albums.

In fact, we've pretty much had a total spring clean and everything is all sparkly and new now.

This week we took ourselves off to Chester for some professional development, it's always good to keep the skills honed, and spent a few hours with some other professional photographers learning a few new tricks and comparing kit.

Honestly, we photographers are such geeks, we see a new bit of kit and decide we can't live without it even though we've been very happily managing without it up till that point.

The seminar was brilliant. It was all about using the flash off camera. A posse of photographers and a trio of models worked our way round Chester city centre on Wednesday, stopping every minute or so with a cry of "Ooh, this looks fab, let's shoot here."

What? That was just me? Oh.

Anyway, moving swiftly on.

It was a perfect day out, nice  of you to  ask.  Even better because we turned it into an excuse to spend the night at the lovely Queen Hotel, one of our  favourites.

This morning, being a non work day, was just crying out for me to get out shooting. Carla modelled for me and we went to a location I've had my eye on for quite some time.  Of course I had to try out the new flash techniques.  I used my new talking light stand aka Bob  to position the flash in the correct place for me.

I also had to quickly perfect the technique of  leaping out of the road as cars sped  by every five seconds.  Many of them tooting their horns, shouting and waving, at Carla, not me.  I always thought that was a quiet road. How wrong can you be!  Carla of course loved the attention, can't accuse her of being shy.

The last three were shot in the barn at home. For those of you who don't like urban locations you might find them a bit easier on the eye.



















No comments:

Post a Comment